These pancake-like fritters were born as a result of kitchen experimentation and left over organic veggies in our weekly box from Organic Angels.
They are incredibly easy, fluffy and light and the perfect way to use up some extra cauliflower as a lighter lunch or tasty breakfast.
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped into florets
- 4 eggs (pasture raised if possible!)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh thyme, to serve
- In your Thermomix or food processor, blitz the cauliflower into a fine, rice-like consistency. Don't go too far - you don't want it to become a wet mush!
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cauliflower and salt and stir until a creamy batter forms. These two steps can be combined in the Thermomix.
- In a pan over medium-high, heat the ghee until melted. Add the batter, a 1/4 cup at a time and flatten with a spatula. Cook for 30-45 sec per side, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of paprika and fresh thyme. These would be delicious with a fresh tomato and avocado salsa.