This recipe is an easy, refreshing dessert and a great way to use watermelon. If you stock up when in season, you can whip it out of the freezer and into this incredible dessert in no time. The fresh flavour of this icy treat can be brought to life with an addition of chilli flakes, lime and basil.
- 2 cups frozen watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 small red chilli or 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 5 basil leaves, plus a few for serving
- Lime rind and salt, to serve
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients to slowly break up the frozen watermelon. Over-process and you will end up with fancy watermelon juice!
- Just as it reaches a sorbet-like consistency, scoop into small bowls and top with some basil sprigs.