This is a perfect go-to weekly lunch or dinner when you feel like a pile of veggies, lots of flavour and some protein to fill you up. If you are able to make your own lunches at work, this combo can be a lifesaver as all you need to bring or buy is some shredded roast chicken, a zucchini and some pesto. Voila.
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 x free range chicken breasts (500g)
- 3 tbsp. high quality pesto
- 3 x small zucchini, washed and peeled
- handful (1/2 cup) of fresh rocket
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese (optional)
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add the ghee until melted and hot.
- Slice the chicken breast into bite-sized tenderloins and place in the hot pan. Stir frequently to brown all sides before reducing the heat to cook through. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until just cooked through but still soft and tender (I usually slice on of the bigger pieces in half to check).
- Meanwhile, run your zucchini through a spiraliser or a hand-held julienne device to create "zoodles" or zucchini ribbons.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the pesto to the chicken. Stir, using tongs, to coat the chicken. Add the zucchini noodles and continue to "fluff" with the tongs to coat with pesto and warm evenly. Heat for 2-3 minutes, until the zoodles are just cooked through but still hold their shape.
- In the last 30 seconds, add the rocket and basil and stir through.
- Optional: top with some goats cheese for an extra creamy texture.