Start your day with a dose of this refreshing tonic full of anti-inflammatory gingerols and alkalizing fresh lemon. If you’re used to waking up and having coffee on an empty stomach, try some ginger tonic first to reduce acidity and kick-start digestion.
For an extra inflammatory boost, add a chunk of fresh turmeric when you can get your hands on it!
- 1 lemon, peeled
- ~35 grams ginger, peeled (adjust depending on the strength you like)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon honey** (optional)
- Add the lemon, ginger and water to your blender.
- Blend on high until smooth (about 90 seconds)
- If you want a lump-free drink, pour the mixture through a nut milk bag* into your jug. Save the ginger pulp to add to bliss balls or a clean slice!
*If you don’t have a nut milk bag, you can easily use a piece of muslin cloth or don’t strain at all if you don’t mind some ginger pulp.
**Honey has a great antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so add a dash if you want to gently sweeten your tonic or if you're fighting a sore throat or cold.