This winter warmer is a treat to make at home when it’s chilly outside and you have some extra homemade nut milk! It’s important to use milk from soaked (activated) nuts to reduce the anti-nutrients (like phytic acid). Watch out for store-bought nut milks that often have a very low concentration of nuts and possibly preservatives and sweeteners added.
INGREDIENTS | serves 1
- 1 cup (250ml) homemade activated almond milk (or another nut milk)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 cinnamon stick, crushed
- 1 star anise
- ½ tbsp. carob powder
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Place the nut milk in a small pot on low heat.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Simmer on low heat (the milk shouldn’t boil) for about 10-15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Pour the mixture into your mug through a strainer and discard all the spices.
- Serve warm!